Is it just me or is it getting awfully dark a lot earlier? Now I am not an american girl, we don't get pumpkin spice flavoured anything here... yet... Starbucks is here now so that may change. I am however fairly routine girl of Western decent, give me my berry lips and thick scarves.
Winter comes but once a year and as corny as that sounds, it does ring true. While we very seldom get snow, it does get freezing cold as well as boiling hot during summer. I have a thing from time to time for winter, it often seems to be an unappreciated season, even more so in the Southern hemisphere since winter doesn't mean Christmas.
Here are 10 things to do when the nights get colder and longer:
- Drink proper hot chocolate cooked in a slow cooker to perfection.
- Read a good book while under a fluffy blanket.
- Play boardgames with friends, I recommend Ticket to ride Nordic Countries
- Watching a really good series such as 'Allo 'Allo!
- Sorting out all you files on your laptop and Harddrive.
- Knitting a cowl, I have been knitting the 3 color cashmere cowl, you can get the pattern.
- Spend quality time with your loved ones playing charades.
- try your hand at painting something for your living room. I will be posting a tutorial on a one day painting soon.
- Learn a new skill such as baking macaroons or speaking a new language.
- I know this one sounds silly but start a class at the gym- I am trying to motivate myself to start it myself.